FLORAL ARCHES FOR ALL OCCASIONS
Posted on 01 October 2020
Floral arches are one of, if not the most popular decorative item for all sorts of events. Whilst they are super popular for weddings, they are also becoming increasingly popular for other events too, such as birthdays, births, engagement parties, hens’ nights, gender reveal parties, the list goes on. Arches are often placed at the entrance to the event, behind the main event setup area (eg behind the birthday cake, behind the stage, etc), or in a strategic location to be used as a photo area for guests.
There are a variety of different styles of arches, in terms of both shape, colour, and design.
Shape dictates the shape of the arch itself, as opposed to the designs on the arch. The most popular shapes for floral arches are:
- Classic archway
- Circular (empty or with mesh)
The colour of the arch is often chosen to fit in with the colour scheme of other items, such as the chairs, the cutlery, the décor, all depending on where the arch will be situated. Whilst the colour of the arch may sometimes be requested to change, the most standard/basic colours available are:
Finally, after having selected a shape and colour for the arch, comes the fun part – designing the florals that will adorn the arch itself. Whilst colours and types of florals are really all just personal preference, there are several standard designs for placing the florals on the arches. They are as follows:
- Full arch – where the entire arch is covered in florals
- Top of arch – the top of the arch is covered in florals
- Two top corners – both corners are covered, but not the entire top of the arch
- Single corner – where either the top left or right corner of the arch is covered
- Diagonal corners – generally a larger arrangement in the top corner, complimented by a smaller arrangement in the bottom corner to preserve an aesthetic balance and symmetry
No matter what design you decide on, you can’t go wrong with a floral arch. They are sure to be a showstopper, and a hot topic between guests, as well as making for a memorable item in photos and memories for many years to come.
- Hailey Paige Flowers xx